Thursday, November 19, 2009

I made someone cry today.

Today was a study day.  After getting to bed late last night I crawled out of bed at 9 am.  After washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen Rachel cut my hair.  Then she pinned a few suits that were too large on me, getting ready for the District Convention.  Maybe I can't always buy a new suit for the convention, but I can get mine altered so they finally fit me and I look good!  After that preparation for the meeting, last minute practice for my part and away we go.

Ivonne and family were all at the meeting.  Frank was there.  It's so nice to see them regularly attending.

After the meeting I shared some encouragement with one of our 12 pioneers (for a congregation of 29 publishers that's not to shabby, eh?).  After I finished she said "Don't go yet, I want to take the opportunity to tell you something."  Of course the mind starts racing and bracing for worst case scenarios.  But then she says "I want you to know how much it means to me that you and Rachel are sacrificing your lives to be here and help us.  I don't have much family in the truth but I feel you are my brothers.  I love you very much and I want you to know how much I appreciate you.  Thank you, thank you, thank you."

The whole time she is talking I can see the bottom part of her eyelid retaining an increasing flow of liquid.  The surface tension pressure of the water soon reached it's maximum limit and the tears flowed freely from under her glasses.  She must have been wearing good make up because it didn't smear at all.  Her next statement shed light on that though "I'm sensible."  Well, of course she meant sensitive, and that was the reason she was crying.  Likely it happens a lot and thus the water proof make up.  I had to concentrate on the details - like the fact that the tears almost covered 3/16ths of an inch of her eye before descending her cheek, the incorrect use of sensible.  Without details like those to concentrate on I would have been crying too.  I managed to escape this round unscathed and dry eyed.  We'll see what happens next time.

After dropping Frank off at home and getting off easy with only an additional hour discussion I was home by midnight to do some quick reading in our new book about Acts with Rachel.  Unfortunately these experiences fill my mind and don't allow me to sleep very quickly.  So here it is 12:30 and I am doing the most therapeutic thing i know to encourage sleep.  Sharing.  Thanks for listening.

Lots of love,
Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment